1. Information on this website (including how to enter and prizes) forms part of these Rules and Conditions. Submission of an entry to The Reece Bathroom Innovation Award ("Award") is deemed acceptance of these Rules and Conditions.
2. To be eligible to enter the Award you must be:
3. If the entry is being submitted by an employee, the entrant must provide written approval from their principal/employer on the entry form, otherwise the entry will be disqualified.
4. To enter, entrants must register their details on this website. Each registered entrant will receive an entry identification code ("ID Code"). This ID Code must be placed on the entry form and submission.
5. Entrants must complete all sections of the entry form available on this website including the declaration and approval. The completed entry form must not be attached to the submission but simply supplied with the submission; otherwise the submission will be automatically disqualified.
6. Submissions must include the design of a bathroom vanity as a minimum. Entrants are also welcome to explore complementary or occasional furniture items using the vanity unit as the centrepiece of their submission.
7. All submissions must comprise a complete set of drawings including 2D and 3D modelling. They must be submitted online here in high resolution PDF format, by post in hard copy or on CD in high resolution PDF format. Each entry must be submitted with a brief, typed design statement of no more than 500 words. Each submission must be clearly identified with the entrant's ID Code. Each page of your drawings and your design statement must be identified with your ID Code only, if you are submitting via post your ID Code must also be on the CD. To ensure anonymity, your name or any other identifying reference (eg. logos, symbols or name of practice) should not appear on the submission.
8. Each submission must be the original work of the entrant only. No group, team or collaborative entries will be accepted. The declaration of originality on the entry form must be signed by each entrant.
9. Each entrant warrants that his/her submission is entirely his/her original work and that the submission, and use of the submission by Reece Pty Ltd ACN 004 097 090 ("Reece"), does not and will not infringe any third party intellectual property rights in any other works anywhere in the world. Each entrant indemnifies Reece and each of its agents, servants, contractors and employees from and against all actions, proceedings, costs, damages, claims, demands, expenses, losses and liabilities whatsoever arising from or by reason of any breach by him/her of this warranty.
10. Reece does not make any claims of copyright or intellectual property rights, including the moral rights of attribution and integrity, of the submissions entered other than the rights outlined in the following paragraphs (11) and (12).
11. Each entrant gives his/her consent to Reece to publicly exhibit and publish the material submitted, including the name of the entrant and their photograph. Reece is under no obligation to publish or exhibit any submission and the decision as to whether to publish or exhibit any submission will be in the absolute discretion of Reece. In all promotions, Reece will endeavour to promote the name of the entrant.
12. Each entrant acknowledges that Reece has the right to reproduce for promotional purposes only, the submission in whole or in part without payment of release or licensing fees to the copyright owner. Each entrant agrees, that if their submission wins an award, to grant Reece the right of first refusal to purchase, licence or otherwise exploit the submission and/or any associated rights should the entrant at any time after the date of posting the submission decide to sell, licence or otherwise exploit or deal with the submission and/or any associated rights or any part of it. The winning entrant must provide Reece with a written notice providing all the details, terms and conditions of the proposed sale, licence or other dealing. Reece must respond within 30 days if it wishes to purchase, licence or otherwise exploit or deal with the submission or any part of it on the same terms and conditions. If there is a change in the details, terms or conditions of the proposed sale, licence or other dealing, the winning entrant must provide a new written notice to Reece and the 30 day response time restarts. Reece is under no obligation to assist in the development or manufacture of any entrant's submitted design/s.
13. Submissions and the completed entry form must be received by 1 June 2015 - hard copy submissions must be received by 5pm AEST and online submissions must be received by 11:59PM AEST. No late entries will be accepted. Emailed or faxed entries will not be accepted. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries may be deemed invalid in the absolute discretion of the judges. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected mail. All entries are to be posted to: The Reece Bathroom Innovation Award, Private Bag 109, Burwood, Victoria, 3125.
14. Each submission must be clearly identified with the entrant's ID Code. To ensure anonymity, the entrant's name or any other identifying reference (eg. logos, symbols or name of practice) should not appear on the submission.
Student entries must be accompanied by proof of the entrant's current enrolment at an Australian tertiary institution. One of the following will be accepted as proof:
a) a standard 'Confirmation of Enrolment' letter from the tertiary institution; or b) a letter from the tertiary institution on its letterhead confirming the entrant's status as a student, or c) a certified copy of a valid student card.
16. Proof of enrolment should not be attached to the submission but simply supplied with the submission. Where a student is the holder of a current valid Australian student visa, a copy of the visa must also be provided. A copy of the visa must not be attached to the submission but simply supplied with the submission.
17. Submissions will not be returned. It is the responsibility of entrants to ensure they keep a copy of their submission. It is strongly advised that all entrants retain all source files should they be requested to provide them.
18. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. If an entry or entrant is found to be invalid, the judging shall be repeated. The judges will make their decisions by 15 August 2015.
19. Prizes will be awarded at the judge's absolute discretion. Student entrants are competing for one $5,000 cash prize and a 2-week internship with Roca. Professional entrants are competing for one $10,000 cash prize and the chance to get their design prototyped. There will be no obligation on the judging panel to award either the student or professional prize if they so decide.
20. Reece accepts no responsibility for the tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Winning entrants should seek independent advice.
21. Winners will be informed by telephone and in writing. No entrant may publicly disclose the name/s of the winning entrant/s until after the official announcement by Reece. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a cheque made payable to the winning entrant.
22. If the winning entrant is required, at the request of Reece, to attend any presentation ceremony and must travel interstate to do so, Reece will pay any travel costs to and from the event as well as any accommodation costs for the winning entrant only. The winning entrant will be responsible for any other costs.
23. The entrant, to the full extent permitted by law, releases and indemnifies Reece and each of its agents, servants, contractors and employees from and against all claims and demands of every kind resulting from any accident, death, damage, loss (including financial and consequential loss), liability, illness, expense or injury occurring to themselves, any other person or any property (except to the extent attributable to the negligent or deliberate wrongful act or omission of Reece or its employees) as a result of travelling to and from any presentation event. Reece shall have no responsibility or liability for any loss of, or damage to, any person, goods or personal property.
24. All submissions will be assessed anonymously. The identity of the entrants will only be revealed once the judges have confirmed the winners. When making their assessments, the judges will have regard to the following criteria and requirements:
For all entries that include additional elements over an above the mandatory basin tapware, weighting will be split into two sections with the tapware counting for 70%, and additional elements counting for 30% of the overall score.
25. Reece reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant whom Reece has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Award. Reece reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation.
Immerse yourself in the world of bathroom design. We'll bring you design inspiration, latest innovation, advice from our professional judging panel and insights from past winners. Direct to your inbox!